I have the Internet again!!! We have been having problems for months with our Internet. It's been very frustrating to say the least. We finally figured out that it was being sabotaged by someone in our neighborhood. Seriously. Aren't people nice these day? Anyway, we're pretty sure we won't have anymore problems now (cross your fingers for us).
I was enchanted by the snow frosting our house on my way to take Jensen to school. I had to take a picture-beautiful!
I love the Reflections program at school and so do my kids. Ally entered four different categories this year and was a school winner in three of them! She even won the "Artistic Merit" award for this picture of Callie and Daisy, our chicken and duck. The theme was "Together We Can..." She wrote about how Callie and Daisy are friends even though they are different. Together we can all be friends, she said. She also won in 3D art and musical composition. She always amazes me the way she can compose a piano piece. She makes it seem so simple!
I couldn't talk Logan into entering this year. But Jensen painted a picture of fruit and said "Together we can eat healthy foods". I haven't heard if he won yet. It's such a great way for kids to get excited about art!
I had a weak moment and let Ally talk me into having a "late night" Christmas party last weekend. It actually went better than I expected. They spent an hour and a half just decorating gingerbread houses! They played games, had a gift exchange and spent another hour or so playing "photo shoot" with MY camera. As you can see, they got a little carried away with the frosting! It was fun to see Ally with her friends and listen to their conversations (shhh...don't tell her I was listening). It brought back a lot of memories of growing up with my friends. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment