I consider myself a "fishergirl". I grew up as my Dad's fishing companion and can definitely keep up with the guys when it come to fishing. However, my Dad was not an ice-fisherman. So I had never been-until yesterday! Josh's cousin Shelby invited us to go with him and we were ready to give it a try.
We had to wake up early on Saturday morning to get a good place on the reservoir. The kids were pretty excited to go, so things went pretty smoothly getting out the door. This picture of Holden depicts his feelings about ice fishing. This was taken before we even walked onto the ice. I should have known he was going to be a little fishing-maniac!
We thought he would just play around while we were fishing, but we were WRONG!
He knew exactly what he was supposed to do (I blame the fishing game on my ipod touch-he loves that one). He demanded his own pole and his own hole. He would stick the tip of his pole in the hole and grin like crazy! Then he saw us putting bait on everyone else's poles. He had a tantrum until we put some on his. He can be quite demanding (in a very loud, two year old way!). By the end he was releasing his line and reeling it in like a pro.
Ally enjoyed it, but wishes her cousin Kylah would have come.
Jensen had lots of fun and didn't want to leave.
Just imagine Holden saying: "Fish. Where are you?" Too cute! He was REALLY into it!
He was not a happy camper when we left. He and Jensen both cried. But Ally and Logan had basketball games to get to. We didn't catch anything this time (Holden probably had something to do with that) but this is definitely on my list of things to do again!





No comments:
Post a Comment