We started out our day with a drive through Garden of the Gods. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it was kind of disappointing. We have way better stuff in Southern Utah! There was hardly anything to see and it was hot!
Here's the kids in front of the kissing camels. Good luck finding them (the camels, not the kids)!
Balanced Rock. The only other thing to see.
Holding up the rock. My kids are so strong!
The next stop was "The North Pole at Santa's Workshop". Everyone kept telling us we needed to go there, our kids were not convinced, but $95 later, there we were. (Side note: the pole was actually "perpetually frozen" and kinda cool.)
This is the "Giant Ferris Wheel". I busted a gut when they called it that and said you could see all the way to Texas. It ended up being a favorite ride, though.
Hey, little boy! Keep your hands out of the water! Yup-that's my little rule breaker.
Merry Christmas! It's ninety-five degrees!
Ally just LOVED Santa's workshop!
Meeting Santa. Santa was very hot and sweaty in his little house. Can you tell how excited Ally is to be there?
Holden was in heaven! He loved everything about the place. It was definitely geared towards the younger crowd. There were a few fun rides for the rest of us, but we enjoyed watching Holden have so much fun. Josh and I discovered that we're getting old. Some of the rides made us sick. It stinks to get old!
The whole reason we went on this trip was to go to "Symphony in the Clouds". Josh has always remembered going to it as a kid and has wanted to go back. It's at the Woodland Park Middle School and they have the symphony play. At the end of the concert they play the 1812 Overture and the National Guard sets off cannons. Then they add fireworks into the mix. Holden was being naughty (throwing rocks) and as soon as the cannons started going off he screamed "help" and hid under the blankets. Funny! That's his scared face in the picture.
This is probably my favorite picture from the trip. Holden's terrified face just cracks me up. I guess I'm a mean Mom to laugh!












No comments:
Post a Comment