Tuesday, February 14, 2012

It's Been Awhile!


Hello!  Sorry I've taken a hiatus from blogging, but there really hasn't been anything blog worthy around here. Winter is always so boring!  I usually spend my days reading, cleaning the house, wasting time on the computer (hello Pinterest!) and then driving the kids around after school.  We haven't even been able to go skiing because there has been NO SNOW this winter!  We did go once more in January, but it was SO cold that we spent a lot of time trying to keep warm in the snack bar at Powder Mountain.  On the way home it was zero degrees. Too cold for skiiing!
Nimbus has grown up, and the excitement has gone away, too.  We still like her but she somehow doesn't seem to get the attention (i.e. food, care) that she used to.  I think if we could find a good home for her we might give her up.  Any takers?
Jensen lost his first tooth!  It was closely followed by his second.  Doesn't he look cute?
Logan is always busy playing with friends and he thinks he is so grown up.  He is turning into a handsome boy!  He was not into Valentine's Day this year.  He didn't want to give anything out or make a box.  I had to twist his arm to get him to do it.
Speaking of Valentine's Day, here is my/our creation of a box for Jensen this year.  He is loving playing basketball this year and wanted a basketball box. It was super easy, but turned out so cute!
And I totally deserve an "Awesome Mom" award for his Valentines.  Thanks to Pinterest, I found this cute idea and I actually made it happen. Yay me!  I had a cute border around it, but when they printed it got cut off.  I thought I did pretty good job of getting the wording on them because that's not really my thing.  But enough tooting my own horn...
How about I brag a little about my Ally instead?  She got invited to the Council level Reflections award ceremony in January.  That can mean that you won first place or you were an honorable mention, and after last year we figured she probably got honorable mention again.  But we were surprised when right off the bat they announced her as the first place winner in Dance/Choreography. (Not really a huge surprise because I think she was the only one to enter it-but that doesn't guarantee a first place win because they use a point system to judge them.).  Anyway, she was a little red in the face and had just sat down when they called her name for first place in Musical Composition, too!  She was even redder by that point and tucked her trophies behind her while she was sitting on the stage.  We figured she was done at that point because the rest of the categories were tougher competition, but they called her name again for first place in Literature!  Josh and I just looked at each other and shared a proud parent moment.  Ally on the other hand was so embarrassed!!  They took pictures of the winners at the end and she refused to hold her trophies!  In fact, I was never supposed to mention that night again, but I can't help but be proud.  It's unusual for a kid to win the top prize in three categories.  Go Ally!
I said I would post a picture of Ally's "new" room so here it is.  It really fits her personality perfectly and is super cute. 
So that about wraps up our past few weeks.  I hope you enjoyed the catch up.


No comments:

Post a Comment