Monday, November 1, 2010

Carving Pumpkins

I asked Logan to move the pumpkins from the front porch to the back porch so we could carve them.  This is what I saw when I looked out the window. Talk about using your resources!
Every year we carve our pumpkins on the back porch and each summer a stray pumpkin plant pop up in the dirt surrounding our rocks.  This year they didn't start growing until way late in the season, so this is the size they were on Halloween.  Ally decided she needed to carve it anyway!  She just poked it with one of those orange pumpkin carving knives.  I was surprized at how well it turned out!
Logan turned his pumpkin into a boat this year.
This is Jensen's twin pumpkin.  He carved it all by himself this year!
Here is Ally's "self portrait" pumpkin.  She even made a pumpkin seed flower for her pumpkin's hair.  She made another one for her and wore it to church on Sunday.  Her own Halloween touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment