Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween!

I am the first to admit that Halloween is not my favorite holiday.  A common phrase I use with my kids is "I'm not fun".  I don't like to dress up and the thought of more candy around the house makes me feel fat.  I also find it kind of morbid.  However, I did branch out and went to "Thriller" with some friends.  It was really fun, a little gory, but fun!
This is the crew this year.  We had mummy dogs for dinner and then got our costumes on and headed to the city Trunk-or-Treat.
Ally was an old lady.  We found the dress, hat, shoes and purse at the DI.  She used the big ugly purse to put her candy in!  The wig is from my parents costume supply.  We tried to spray paint it white, but we ended up with a dingy grey, which looked good anyway.  The wig was pretty stinky and we kept telling her she smelled like an old person.  The hat is from when I was a teenager. I wore that thing all the time and thought I was so cool!
Logan decided to use his assets this year.  Since he is already missing teeth like an old person he wanted to dress up as an old man.  Neither Ally nor Logan knew the other one wanted to be old people.  It was kinda funny when they both told me.  I got Logan a flannel shirt at the DI and he stuffed it full of my good dish rags to give himself a tummy.  He borrowed a hat from my Dad and the walker they have and he was good to go!
Jensen wanted to be Indiana Jones.  He already had his hat that would work so I tried to find some pants and a jacket for him to wear and I wasn't having very good luck.  Then I tried KSL (online classifieds) and found a whole outfit with a whip for $15.00! Score!
And of course we have our little stinker.  This is seriously the cutest costume ever and very appropriate.  People kept asking him if he was a little stinker and he kept going from saying "yes" to being offended and saying "no".  He was so cute when he would say "Thank You" to everyone.  I wish I could freeze these moments to play back later. (I got a new camcorder, filled up the memory on it and can't figure out how to get the video off so I can start again-dumb me)
At the Trunk-or-Treat.  Josh even made it home (barely) in time for the festivities.  It's fun seeing all the people from town we know.
Holden made me take a picture of his candy.  This was his first item and he was pretty excited about it.  It didn't take him long to find out what Halloween was all about.
After the Trunk-or-Treat we always let our kids go to a few houses in town.  We all hopped on the golf cart (with Taden and Payleigh, Logan's friend and little sister) and cruised around.  The weather was wonderful!  We didn't even have to cover up our costumes with coats like ususal.
The loot.  Jensen's face says it all!
Holden loved Halloween!  While he was eating his Twinkie he was wiggling his rear in a little happy dance-so cute!  
I know I said I'm a Halloween grump, but it turned out to be a lot of fun!  But I'm still glad to have it over!

*Guess what I got in the mail today?  My Christmas cards!  It's so unlike me but I'm totally excited for Christmas and I feel like addressing them already!  Someone take my temperature because I know I'm sick!*

No comments:

Post a Comment