We went skiing...again. Can you believe I went again? As if I didn't get enough punishment last time, I decided to go for round two. Shocking, I know!
This is us going up the first gondola at "The Canyons". Yes, that's right. "The Canyons"...where the rich people ski. And you definitely have to be rich to ski there! (Fun trivia: this is where Tony Danza broke his leg) We figured up what it would have cost for us to go with out the free passes we had. What cost us $55.00 would have been $300.00!!! Good grief! Thank heavens Josh traded some guy work for the ski passes and Ally had some cheap rental coupons!
Here we are going up the "High Meadow" chair lift. This was the beginner hill-perfect for me! After a few trips down it, with the kids flying past me of course, Josh decided I was ready for the intermediate hill.
.
.
.
I was NOT ready for the intermediate hill!
Ugh.
There were definitely tears involved. And a few "it's a good thing these were free passes, because I'm NOT enjoying this" uttered. And a couple of trips walking down hills in just my ski boots-without skis. There was also one incident involving a fence post (ow).
After that I took a break at the ski lodge and let Josh and the kids have their fun on the intermediate hill. What took me an hour to get down, took them twenty minutes. I did enjoy sitting in the sun (it was a beautiful day!) and sipping my $3.00 Coke. By the time they came back to get me, I was ready to try the beginner hill again. I ended the day with my skiing confidence somewhat restored. I've decided to stick to the beginner hills-forever!
Logan and Ally are sure getting better and better at skiing! Logan was like a little bullet. He hasn't learned to fear it yet. Ally is more cautious, but can be just as fast. I think my problem is I've got way too much fear of falling! This was one of our gondola rides back to the van.
Look! I'm smiling at the end of the day! I think I was just relieved to have it over with! (I also hadn't realized my face was sunburned and I looked like a racoon.) Will I be hitting the slopes again? Only time will tell...




No comments:
Post a Comment