Ta Da! The tree is up!
Holden decorates while wearing shorts and cowboy boots. Doesn't everyone?
I got to put the star on top. Well, kind of. Josh got tired of watching me try and took over. Husbands....
Awe. Cute kiddles.
I think this was our prettiest tree yet. It was definitely the biggest! It was touching the ceiling (19 ft) after we cut about two feet off. It looked so pretty by my freshly painted red wall. And did you notice the couches? Yep. New couches for me. :) After thirteen years of the green couches, we finally got new ones! Merry Christmas to me. Plus I got another present I will share in a minute. I was definately spoiled this year!
After we got done decorating the tree, we made snowflakes. It was a lot of fun! I found some patterns to make them on Pinterest, but after a few I decided I just liked to make my own. The kids helped and we then turned around and did this...
...we hung them in the front room with MY NEW GRAND PIANO!!!
Can you say awesome! I've been wanting one for a LONG time! We sold the golf cart (sniff) and used the money to buy this. We got an awesome deal at an estate sale. It's a 1997, but in excellent shape and pianos don't lose their value so we scored!
I love it!
Anyway...Thanksgiving weekend was SO nice. In fact I'll leave you with my facebook post from Sunday night.
"I think this Thanksgiving weekend was my favorite ever. Spent Thanksgiving with my little family in Idaho hunting for Christmas trees and eating tacos. Had the best weather to hunt for more trees with the funnest friends. Then had the best time decorating the house and tree for Christmas. The kids even acted like they liked each other-mostly. So sad to see the weekend end, but happy for the memories."

No comments:
Post a Comment