Friday, October 11, 2013

T-Ball, Baseball and Other Summer Activities

From March until August there is one main word that rules our house: Baseball (or T-Ball or Softball).  I tried to add up all the games we went to this year, but I couldn't count that high!  Ha, ha, just kidding.  But it was a lot!
Logan was on the Orioles again this year.  He turned into quite the little ball player this year and made the All-Stars team at the end of the season. 
At the pick-up game on the 4th of July, Logan and Jensen ended up being on opposite teams.  Yup, you guessed it...Logan ended up getting Jensen out.  It didn't go over very well at home later, but I'm pretty sure they will always remember it!
Logan and Jensen always played their games at the same time.  I ran back and forth when I could sneak away from score-keeping.  Sometimes it's as exhausting to play first base as it is to run up and down the hill to see my boys play!

This was Holden's first year playing and he knew exactly what was going on.  He knows more terminology than your average four year old!  He was awesome at hitting!



He also knew how to play first base.
But his favorite thing is the free snow cone after the game!!



Here's Holden at the end of season party.  He LOVES his medal!
Ally reluctantly signed up for softball this year.  She likes it, but has so many other things going on, we weren't sure how it would work out.  Well, after dragging her to her first game, she was hooked!  I think the coach judged her unfairly at the beginning because he knew she was a ballerina, piano playing actress, but she ended up being one of the most important players on the team.  She couldn't make it to the practices, but she made every game and worked hard!  She ended up playing second base.  Her team (the A's) ended up playing in the championship game, but lost by one point. 
Way to go, Ally!

Holden:  Going slow makes me angry!

Grandma and Grandpa brought everyone hats back from Oregon!
Swimming Lessons!  I put the kids in private swim lessons this year with Miss Bonnie and they loved it!  They made so much more progress than they ever have before.
Well, that sums up a little more of our summer.  The way I'm going on this blog, I might get caught up with summer...by Christmas!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment