Thursday, April 28, 2011

Bubby Strikes Again

Do you ever have one of those days?  The ones where nothing goes right and you feel like you want to crawl back in bed and hide?  Yesterday was one of those days for me.  Logan was on day two of the stomach flu and all our pet goldfish had already died.  Not a fun day.
Then while I was in my room folding laundry Holden came in and said "hot, Mom, hot".
"What's hot Holden?"
He just looked up at me with a scared expression and tugged on me to follow him.
About that time Ally walked in the door from school and yelled "Mom, why does it smell like something is burning in here?" (side note: I don't have a sense of smell so my kids are used to smelling things for me.)
That's when I made a bee line for the kitchen.
Nope, not the stove.  Nope, not the oven.
Then I looked at the microwave and thought it looked a little funny.  I popped it open and this is what I found:
Mr. T (the T stands for Trouble) decided to push a chair over to the microwave and put a hot pad in it. All he had to do was push one of the buttons from 1 through 6 and it started up just like magic. (I'm thinking he pushed the six.)  Aren't those "quick start" buttons handy?
When I opened it up the hot pad was still flaming a little-very exciting.  This was the point where Holden looked at me and said "Sorry, Mom". And yes, it killed the microwave in case you were wondering.  I guess we're going microwave shopping.  I hope we can find one that will fit in our custom built spot-bleh.  And I'm totally taking the cost out of Holden's inheritance!

1 comment:

  1. Look at the bright side at least he keeps you on your toes. See how boring our lives would be if we didn't have children.LOL.
    Rashelle

    ReplyDelete