Spring Break, or Spring Weekend as I prefer to call it. Two days off from school does not qualify as a break to me. Seriously, how lame is two days off? And it was over Easter, as well. That means we had all our Easter Weekend traditions to stick around for-so no fun trip. Lame.
Anyway, on Friday we met the Kotters at the Dinosaur Park. The kids were pretty excited to be getting out of the house. I wasn't too sure about the weather, but 45 degrees felt pretty warm. That's the good thing about spring. Cooler temperatures feel warmer than they do in the fall.
Well, as we were walking into the park, Holden could hear the dinosaur noises and got scared. I picked him up to carry him and one of my kids decided to walk in front of me, right in my blind spot, and all three of us took a tumble. After making sure the kids were okay and looking around to make sure no one saw me fall, I heard Logan say "Mom, you're pants don't look too good". Sure enough, not only had I skinned my palm and knee, but I ripped a hole in my favorite pants. My favorite pants!! The ones that are way comfy, match tons of shirts and people always compliment me on!!
I was not happy.
In fact, it made me quite grumpy. My apologies to the Kotters 'cause I know I wasn't good company. After bandaging myself up we proceeded on our outing. It took me quite a while to feel like taking pictures, so I don't have too many to share.
Feeding the ducks. My kids are a little obsessed with ducks and always search them out wherever we go.
Ally, Katelyn, Jensen, Holden and Logan
The kids loved looking for "gold" in the sand/water. Overall, it was great to get out of the house. We have a family pass and I look forward to taking the kids back. I will definitely make sure to watch my step next time!



No comments:
Post a Comment