Next was the Randall Easter Hunt at Noon. This is pot luck/bring your own sandwiches get together. We never bring sandwiches because there is always plenty of pot luck items and we're still full from breakfast. This year our family was in charge of cookies. Ally made 5 dozen sugar cookies and they were very yummy. At least someone in our house can cook!
Logan makes an adorable bunny, don't you think?
Holden got in on the bunny action, too.
Who knew it was so painful to say cheese?
Ally was VERY prepared for the candy hunt! After we're done eating at the church, the adults hide the candy at Aunt Doris's house while the kids run around the church and play, which they love just as much as the candy hunt I think. Then everyone has a list of what candy they can find and keep. Holden didn't really follow his list very well. Somehow I couldn't convince him to put stuff back for other kids. It was a pure free for all for him!
Holden finding his "four sixlets".
I actually liked this picture of me so I thought I would include it. Rare to find a picture I like of myself!
Don't they look so cute and innocent?
Funny side story: someone always brings pickles and Jensen couldn't get enough of them. However, there were sweet pickles next to the dill. Jensen's face was hilarious when he bit into a sweet one expecting a dill. I wish I would have gotten a picture. The look on his face was priceless!
After we got home, I was still feeling bad about my pants (dumb, but they were my favorite pants!), so Josh let me go shopping. Ally and I went to Old Navy and all their clearance pants were six dollars! Yes, I said six dollars! I ended up getting five new pairs of pants. They are not nearly as cute as the ones I tore, but it made me feel a little better.
Then we got our strawberries and raspberries planted, colored eggs and then went to bed to await the Easter Bunny.
This is what the kids woke up to. Ally got a cute stuffed bunny and purse, Holden got a cool ball, Logan and Jensen got legos. Plus butterfly nets, candy and Tangled and Megamind on DVD. Gotta love the Easter Bunny! Ally and Mom got to be in a bell choir at church. It's a lot of fun to ring bells and we both loved it! Whew! What a busy and fun weekend!








No comments:
Post a Comment