Monday, April 18, 2011

Haircut, etc.

Ally and I went and got haircuts the other day.  It was a fun little outing for us.  I'm sure I glad I have her to keep me sane among all the "boyness" in our house!
She chopped it off!!  It makes her look so grown up...sigh.  I can't believe she is FIVE MONTHS away from Young womens!
She was also in a play a couple weeks ago.  She was Vanessa the mermaid and a narrator in the play "Hook and the Stolen Pixie Dust". People think she is so shy and reserved, but you should have seen her in the play.  She did so well!  She's quite the little actress.  She had her "snobby" mermaid part down to perfection.  She also just had her piano recital.  She played "Ben Hur Chariot Race March".  This song is sort of a family tradition.  Two of my sisters and I learned to play it and it's a lot of fun.  I have to give her props because I didn't learn it until I was 14 and she's 11.  It's pretty difficult to play.  I dare say she's already a better pianist than I am-and I couldn't be prouder!
When I was taking Ally's haircut picture, Holden wanted his picture taken, too.  Notice the scrape on his forehead.  There were bruises on his cheek as well.  The kid is just an accident waiting to happen and never stops moving.  Church is a nightmare!  If looks could kill, we would all drop dead at church every week!  Well, most people are nice and understanding, but there are a few who probably do a happy dance when we aren't there!  Not sure why they always sit by us...
Other happenings?  We got to hook up to Willard's new sewer.  Whoopee.  Bring on the extra forty dollars a month.  The boys start Little League this week.  That will be fun for them.  We really enjoyed it last year.  I have a feeling I'll have a hard time keeping Holden off the field, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment