Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Holden is Three!

Holden turned three on October 17th.  It's hard to believe my "baby" is getting so big!  But we are so glad to have him in our family. He knows how to make us laugh and always keeps us on our toes!
I was planning on taking him to the Dinosaur Park on his birthday, but we both woke up with colds and the temperature dropped 10 degrees overnight.  But I decided he would really enjoy it so I went anyway.  Well, I was wrong.  He was scared to death!  They always play a soundtrack of dinosaur noises as you walk around and it was extra loud.  As soon as we came out of the building he wanted to leave!
So I took him over to the ducks.  He spent a lot of time feeding the ducks and getting used to the noises.  It was also a bummer because the playground toys were all wet so he couldn't play on them.
I finally convinced him it was okay to walk around, but he was still hesitant and wouldn't get too close to the dinosaurs. This was probably the closest he got the whole time.  I still think he enjoyed walking around outside but we didn't stay very long.  Then I took him to lunch at Arctic Circle, where he had an ice cream cone first, and then I took him to Wal-Mart.  Josh and I hadn't really gotten him a present and I thought he would like to pick out something.  I was wrong again.  He didn't even want anything!  I'm not sure if I should be worried or proud!
He doesn't usually take naps, but he wasn't feeling the best and fell asleep on the way home.  I peeked in at him later and this is what I found.  Nimbus sneaked in the house and decided to take a nap with Holden.  It's funny because the cat usually avoids Holden like the plague.  I guess we can call this picture "Sleeping with the Enemy."
I didn't really feel like cleaning my house for another party, so we had everyone meet us at Pizza Plus for his birthday party.  Holden loves to run around and play with the games.  He's still at the age where he can be happy just pretending to play them. :)
Eating the yummy food!  They seriously have the best bread sticks ever!
Our cute birthday boy and his froggy cake.  We love you Holden!

No comments:

Post a Comment